UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2018 & Subjects, Chapters, Topics, Paper Structure
UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2018 & Subjects, Chapters, Topics, Paper Structure and other details of IAS Prelims Syllabus has been provided below. Before you wirte any exam, the first thing you need to know is the syllabus and the exam format. UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts the CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION (CSE), which is a nationwide exam with success rate of 0.1%–0.3%. Basically, UPSC conducts CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION in three phases –
- Preliminary examination
- Mains examination
- Personality test (interview)
The UPSC Prelims 2017 exam got over in June this year; now it’s time to buckle up for UPSC Prelims 2018. Below, we’re providing the UPSC Syllabus for UPSC Prelims 2018 for prelims.
UPSC PRELIMS SYLLABUS 2018 & EXAM PATTERN
The Following table is about UPSC Prelims Exam Pattern & What are the UPSC Prelims Exam papers and subjects for 2018 and we are providing UPSC Syllabus below this table. Also download UPSC 2018 Syllabus from this article.
|UPSC Prelims Exam Papers||
|Paper I – General Studies: It is qualifying paper to write the mains exam||
|Paper II – Aptitude: This paper is of qualifying nature, but candidate must score at least 33% marks in this paper and marks of this paper are not counted for writing the Mains examination.||
UPSC SYLLABUS 2018 FOR PRELIMS – Topics
There are 2 papers in Prelims exam – General Studies and Aptitude or CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). Download UPSC 2018 Syllabus. Here we are providing SAT Syllabus (Aptitude Test) for 2018 Prelims Exams. Check out for SAT Syllabus from below. Also download SAT Syllabus from the links that we have provided from this article.
The answer key for UPSC General Studies Paper has already been released. In this article, we’ll tell you, how can prepare for UPSC Prelims 2018 Paper.
General Studies Paper I Syllabus
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the world
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and Social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate change-that donot require subject specialization
- General science
Here you can get SAT Syllabus (Aptitude Test). Check out for UPSC SAT Syllabus. Also download SAT Syllabus from below.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level. (will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation)
Points to be remember before appearing UPSC Prelims exam 2018:
- The questions in the UPSC Prelims exams are objective type also called as multiple choice questions.
- There is “Negative Marking” in the Prelims exam. There is a penalty of 33% marks or 0.83 marks for every wrong answer. Though decision making and problem solving section doesn’t have negative marking.
- Since 2013, it’s for the first time the Indian Forest Service (IFS) aspirants are combined with the Civil Services candidates to take the Preliminary examination. The aspirants who may clear the Preliminary exam have to separately write the Mains exams for Indian Forest Service.
- Blind candidates are allowed extra time of 20 mins for each paper.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) examination for the purpose of evaluation.
The marks scored in the Prelims exam is not counted in the final tally of the Mains exam or the Interview. Many students appear multiple times to clear UPSC Prelims because limited numbers of candidates are chosen to write the mains exam. For its preparation qualities like a sharp memory and basic retention power and proper strategy is needed. Conceptual clarity on every topic of the syllabus is required so I hope this UPSC Prelims Syllabus & Structure 2018 article may helpful to you to know about the pattern and detailed syllabus of prelims
Few Important Links for UPSC IAS Aspiratnts 2017 | 2018
|UPSC Notification 2017||UPSC Syllabus||UPSC Prelims Syllabus|
|UPSC IAS Exam Pattern||UPSC Reference Books||UPSC Eligibility|
|UPSC Mains Exams Pattern||UPSC Question papers||UPSC IAS Preparation Tips|
|UPSC IAS Exam Application||UPSC Admit Card||UPSC Results|
Please share this article UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2018 for IAS Exams to all your friends who are preparing for UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam 2018. If you have any issues & Doubts regarding Prelims Exam Structure, UPSC Syllabus 2018, detailed subject topics and any other related to Civil Services Exam 2018 you can ask via comment box.