UPSC Civil Services Notification 2018 for IAS Exam
UPSC Civil Services Notification 2018 for IAS Exam.Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released the UPSC Civil Services Notification 2018 for IAS Exam for recruitment of Indian nationals in Indian Civil Services under various departments for 1079 Posts. Here you can also see for UPSC syllabus 2018 pdf. UPSC invited applications from the candidates who are eligible and willing to join the civil services. Applications are invited till 27 May 2018. Here we are providing UPSC IAS Notification 2018 in this article. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam 2018 through the prescribed format on or before the last date of application. Here you can also get UPSC Civil Service Syllabus. Check the UPSC syllabus 2018 pdf along with UPSC Civil Services Notification 2018 from this article.
UPSC IAS 2018 Notification. UPSC has officially released IAS 2018 Notification for IAS Aspirants. Download the UPSC IAS 2018 Notification in pdf format. Below we have provided UPSC IAS 2018 Notification in pdf format. Just click on the links that we have provided in this article to download UPSC IAS 2018 Notification.
UPSC Civil Services Notification 2018 for IAS Exam
See full details of UPSC Civil Services Notification 2018 for IAS Exam along with UPSC Civil Service Syllabus. below we are providing the IAS Notification 2018. Read the UPSC IAS Notification 2018 carefully from below. Also download the IAS 2018 notification from this article. We have provided IAS Notification 2018 download link in this article.
Candidates can check the detailed information from below:
The candidates applying for the exam should be a citizen of India. Candidates from Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refugees and immigrants with Indian origin will have to submit a certificate of eligibility that has been issued by the Government of India, as an evidence of their eligibility.
The candidates should possess a degree from any of Indian universities or an equivalent qualification from any recognised university. Those who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the exam.
The candidates should be of minimum 21 years of age and maximum 32 years of age. Relaxation would be provided as per the government norms to the reserved category.
An application fee of Rs 100 needs to be paid by the candidates for the registration procedure. Females/SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
Number of attempts:
General category: 6
OBC category: 9
SC category: Unlimited
How to apply:
The eligible candidates should apply through the official website, the link for which is upsc.gov.in.
- Last date to apply: May 27
- Date of preliminary examination: August 7
- Date of main examination: December 3
UPSC syllabus 2018
Get UPSC Syllabus 2018 from below. Also download UPSC Syllabus 2016 pdf.
IAS PRELIMS EXAM PATTERN, SYLLABUS & SUBJECTS
Here you can get UPSC Civil Service Syllabus. Check out here for UPSC Syllabus 2018 PDF. The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type (multiple-choice questions) carrying a maximum of 400 marks.
The Question Papers (Test Booklets) are set in English & Hindi
|General Studies Paper – I||200 Marks|
|General Studies Paper – II||200 Marks|
UPSC Prelims Syllabus for Paper I – (200 marks)
Duration: Two hours (Counted for the merit rank in the Prelims)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
UPSC Syllabus 2018 Prelims for Paper II- (200 marks)
Get UPSC Civil Service Syllabus 2018 Prelims for Paper II. Also get UPSC Syllabus 2016 pdf of prelims exams to download.
Duration: Two hours (Not counted for the merit rank in Prelims but a qualifying Paper; just needs 33% marks)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
IAS OR UPSC Civil Services New Mains Exam pattern:
The written examination consists of nine papers, two qualifying papers and seven papers counted for ranking. get exam pattern from below. We have provided already civil service syllabus 2016 in this article.
|Paper A||(One of the Indian languages listed below, to be selected by the candidate (from the languages listed in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India) (Qualifying)||300|
|Paper B||English (Qualifying)||300|
|Paper II||General Studies I (Indian heritage and culture, history and geography of the world and society)||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II (Governance, constitution, polity, social justice, and international relations)||250|
|Paper-IV||General Studies III (Technology, economic development, biodiversity, environment, security and disaster management)||250|
|Paper V||General Studies-IV(ethics, integrity, and aptitude)||250|
|Papers VI, VII||Two papers on subjects to be selected by the candidate from the list of optional subjects below (250 marks for each paper)||500|
Candidates may choose any one of the optional subjects from amongst the list of subjects given below.
- The papers on Indian Languages and English (Paper A and Paper B) will be of Matriculation or equivalent standard and will be of qualifying nature. The marks obtained in these papers will not be counted for ranking.
- Evaluation of the papers, namely, ‘Essay’, ‘General Studies’ and Optional Subject of all the candidates would be done simultaneously along with evaluation of their qualifying papers on ‘Indian Languages’ and ‘English’ but the papers on ‘Essay’, General Studies and Optional Subject of only such candidates will be taken cognizance of who attain such minimum standard as may be fixed by Commission at their discretion for the qualifying papers on ‘Indian Language’ and ‘English’.
- The paper A on Indian Language will not, however, be compulsory for candidates hailing from the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Sikkim.
List of optional subjects for UPSC Mains Examination
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Indian History
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
Literature of any one of the following languages: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and English.
The question papers for the examination will be of conventional (essay) type. Each paper will be of three hours duration. The question papers (other than the literature of language papers) will be set in Hindi and English only.
PERSONALITY TEST: 275 MARKS
Total – (B) Main Examination – 1750 Marks + (C) Personality Test – 275 Marks = 2025 Marks.
NOTE: The technique of the interview is to reveal the mental qualities of the candidate.
Note: If any confusion prevails about the UPSC Civil Service Examination or its syllabus or any other point, please refer UPSC website (www.upsc.gov.in) as well as employment news in which detailed advertisement of examination is published.
Here we have provided UPSC Notification 2018 and UPSC Syllabus 2018 pdf. Also Download UPSC IAS Notification 2018. You can also download IAS Notification 2018 from official website of UPSC.
For more information, candidates should visit the official website and ask your further doubts using comment box. Also Share ” UPSC Civil Services Notification 2018 for IAS Exam” with your friends.
Few Important Links for IAS Aspirants 2018 | 2019
|UPSC Notification 2017||UPSC Syllabus||UPSC Prelims Syllabus|
|UPSC IAS Exam Pattern||UPSC Reference Books||UPSC Eligibility|
|UPSC Mains Exams Pattern||UPSC Question papers||UPSC IAS Preparation Tips|
|UPSC IAS Exam Application||UPSC Admit Card||UPSC Results|