Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 6th December 2016.
- The annual bilateral maritime exercise Konkan 16 between the Indian Navy and the Royal Navy (British Navy) was started in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- This exercise will be held from 5th December to 16th December 2016.
- Yangon city in Myanmar recently hosted Mingalabar, a three-day festival that celebrated 55 years of cultural relations between France and Myanmar.
- Japanese PM Shinzo Abe today announced that he will visit Pearl Harbor this month with US President Barack Obama.
- With this move, he will become Japan’s first leader to travel to the site of the Japanese attack 75 years ago.
- Note : Japan’s attack on the navy base at Hawaii had killed over 2,400 US soldiers and triggered America’s entry into the World War II.
National Current Affairs
The National Current Affairs as on 6th December 2016 are as follows:
- The 6th edition of ‘Heart of Asia- Istanbul Process of Aghanistan‘ conference, an annual regional gathering of Asian and other countries was recently held in Amritsar, Punjab (India).
- It was inaugurated jointly by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani.
- It concluded with adaptation of Amritsar Declaration with its prime focus on terrorism.
- Theme of this year’s Conference : “Addressing Challenges, Achieving Prosperity”.
- The 7th World Ayurveda Congress (WAC) was recently held at Science City in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- It was organised by the World Ayurveda Foundation with the support of the Union Ministry of AYUSH to facilitate development and growth of AYUSH system of medicine comprising Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy.
- Theme of this congress : “Strengthening the Ayurveda Ecosystem“.
All New Appointments list as on 6th December 2016 are as follows:
- Independent candidate and pro-European Alexander Van der Bellen has won Austria‘s re-run presidential election with around 53.5% votes.
- Bellen won against anti-immigration and eurosceptic Norbert Hofer.
- Uzbekistan‘s Prime Minister Shavkat Mirziyoyev became the country’s second President after winning 88.61% vote in the first presidential election since the death of the authoritarian leader and President Islam Karimov.
- Following the death of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa, her aide and senior AIADMK leader O Panneerselvam took oath as the new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
Awards & Honors
- Gigi Hadid was felicitated with the ‘International Model of the Year‘ award at the British Fashion Awards 2016 in London today.
- Alexander McQueen was named the ‘Best British Brand‘.
- American fashion designer Ralph Lauren was given the ‘Outstanding Achievement‘ award.
- The award of ‘New Fashion Icon‘ went to siblings Jaden and Willow Smith.
- American comedian and talk show host Jimmy Kimmel will host the 89th Oscar Awards ceremony in February 2017.
- Kimmel, who previously hosted 2016 Emmy Awards, will be hosting the Academy Awards for the first time.
- Actor Samuel L Jackson will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) at the opening of the festival on December 7.
- He is known for his role as ‘Ultimate Nick Fury’ in Marvel films and for films like ‘Pulp Fiction’.
Science & Technology
- Amazon has unveiled a technology to run a grocery store where customers can enter by scanning their phones and leave without paying for the items.
- Called ‘Amazon Go‘, the store will be able to detect the items picked and charge the customers accordingly through a dedicated app. The first such store will be launched in Washington in early 2017.
Banking & Economic Affairs
- Venezuela‘s central bank said it will issue new higher-value notes of its currency, the Bolivar, from mid-December to aid consumers who are dealing with unprecedented inflation.
- This comes after bolivar suffered its largest monthly fall, down 60% in November against the dollar on the black market.
- Important Note : Currently, the largest bolivar note is worth $0.02 (around ₹1.36) on the black market.
- India has received over US $300 billion US Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) milestone between April 2000 and September 2016.
- The cumulative FDI inflows during the period amounted to US $310.26 billion.
- With this, India firmly established its credentials as a safe investment destination in the world.
- Hailakandi district of Assam has become the first district to pay wages to tea garden workers through individual bank accounts.
- It completed this task before the December 15, 2016 deadline set by the state government for cashless transactions of salary payments to the plantation workers.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports Updates as on 6th December 2016 are under:
- The hashtag used for the Rio Summer Olympics, #Rio2016 was the most popular hashtag in India and globally this year, as per Twitter’s #YearOnTwitter 2016 report.
- The second-most popular hashtag in India was #INDvPAK, following the teams’ ICC World T20 encounter in March, with more than 1.1 million tweets recorded. #WT20 and #PVSindhu were also among the most-used hashtags.