Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 4th April 2017.
- Today is United Nations’ Mine Awareness Day (International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action).
- 2017 Theme : “Needs driven. People Centred“
- US President Donald Trump today signed a resolution reversing a Barack Obama-era rule that restricted internet providers from sharing users’ browsing history without their permission.
- The rule also required internet providers to secure the users’ data from the hackers and notify users of any data breach.
National Current Affairs
The National Current Affairs as on 4th April 2017 are as follows:
- The Union Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has launched Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana in Nellore District of Andhra Pradesh.
- The Scheme aims at providing physical aids and assisted-living devices for senior citizens belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) category.
- Note : It is the first-of-its-kind Central Sector Scheme (CCS) in India, to be fully funded by the Union Government.
- The Madras High Court has directed Tamil Nadu government to waive loans of all farmers in cooperative banks.
- Earlier, Tamil Nadu government had waived cooperative bank loans of farmers owning upto 5 acres land.
- The Aastha Tourist Special Train, which is taking travellers to pilgrimage sites in North India, departed from Puri today.
- The train is travelling to destinations including Mathura, Vrindavan, Agra, Haridwar, Amritsar and Vaishnodevi over a period of 10 nights till April 14.
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) of the Union Defence Ministry has approved proposal to procure fresh batch of Barak Surface-to-Air Missiles (SAM) for the Indian Navy’s warships from Israel.
- The procurement of the missiles will enhance India’s maritime capability in view of the changing security dynamics in the Indian Ocean region (IOR).
All New Appointments list as on 4th April 2017.
- Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic has won the country’s Presidential election, securing 55% of votes.
- Ecuador‘s ruling party presidential candidate Lenin Moreno today won the country’s presidential elections securing 51% votes against his conservative opponent Guillermo Lasso.
- Note : Moreno’s victory came as a relief for WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange as Lasso had vowed to evict him from the nation’s London embassy if he won the runoff.
- Director General of Police (DGP) Geetha Johri was appointed in-charge police chief of Gujarat today.
MOUs & Agreements
- Indian and Malaysian firms have signed 31 pacts expecting investments of about $36 billion (around ₹2.3 lakh crore) in several sectors including construction, pharma, and education.
- The MoUs were exchanged in the presence of Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak.
- Important Note : The Malaysian PM is currently on a six-day tour to India.
- India and Malaysia have inked 7 agreements to foster deeper relationship between the two countries. They are,
- Air Services Agreement
- MoU for cooperation in training
- MoU on collaboration in technology development in the field of Palm Oil
- MoU on Cooperation Fertilizers sector
- MoU on cooperation in Sports
- MoU on implementation of 4th Generation Technology Park in Andhra Pradesh
- MoU on Mutual Recognition of the Educational Qualifications
Banking & Economic Affairs
- The board of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cleared a proposal to introduce banknotes of ₹200 denomination.
- The decision was reportedly taken at an RBI board meeting held in March.
- The process of printing the new ₹200 notes is likely to begin after June, once the government officially approves this new denomination.
Sports Current Affairs
All sports updates as on 4th April 2017 are as follows:
- Switzerland’s Roger Federer jumped to the 4th spot on the ATP men’s singles rankings after lifting his third Miami Open title by beating his long-time rival, Rafael Nadal.
- The 10th edition of the Indian Premier League, which kicks off on Wednesday in Hyderabad, will have eight separate opening ceremonies.
- IPL Chairman : Rajeev Shukla
- Former Indian captain MS Dhoni was appointed as the CEO of Gulf Oil India for a day today, as he wanted to understand how a corporate CEO works.