Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 3rd December 2016.
- The United Nations International Day of Persons with Disabilities is being observed today.
- The day is an annual event promoted by the United Nations since 1992.
- The observance of the Day aims to promote an understanding of disability issues and mobilize support for the dignity, rights and well-being of persons with disabilities.
- Theme of the year 2016 : “Achieving 17 Goals for the Future We Want”
- Spain is renaming its streets after famous women, including activists and civil rights fighters.
- The city of Valencia is set to name 80% of its new streets after women, and several places, including Bilbao and Cádiz, plan to follow its example.
- The US Congress is going to pass a legislation that will declare India a “major defence partner” and lock in the status for all future governments until repealed.
- It will allow fast-tracking sale and transfer of sensitive defence technology to India.
- The US Congress has already approved the final legislation, which could face last minute objections.
Visitors to India
- US Ambassador to India Richard Verma arrives in Agartala on a 2-day visit to Tripura &.
- During this visti, he will hold talks with the Chief Minister Manik Sarkar.
- Prime Minsiter of Qatar Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani is on a visit to India.
National Current Affairs
The National Current Affairs as on 3rd December 2016 are as follows:
- Youngest revolutionary Khudiram Bose’s (3 December 1889 – 11 August 1908) birth anniversary today.
- At the time of his hanging, he was 18 years, 8 months 8 days old.
- Hockey Legend, Major Dhyan Chand’s 36th Death Anniversary today.
- He won 3 Olympic Gold Medals (1928, 1932 & 1936)
- He scoredmore than 400 goals durng his international career.
- He is known as the Wizard for his superb ball control.
- Dr RajendraPrasad, first President of India’s 132nd birth anniversary today.
- Dr Prasad also served as a cabinet minister in independent India’s first government.
- Bhopal is observing the 31st anniversary of gas leak tragedy, one of the worst industrial disaster of the world.
- For the first time in 10 years, the CBI is functioning without a full-time Director as the government failed to recommend a new name for the post.
- This follows the retirement of the outgoing Director Anil Kumar Sinha who completed his two-year tenure yesterday.
- Second-in-command Rakesh Asthana has been given the additional charge for the interim period.
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) today banned the use of disposable plastic in Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR) with effect from January 1.
- The plastic is mostly used at grocery shops and for items like plastic tea cups among others. The NGT also directed the public authorities to take fast steps for reduction and utilisation of dumped waste.
- 6th Heartof Asia Ministerial Conference was began today at Amritsar, Punjab.
- The main aim of this conference is to discuss peace, cooperation & economic development in Afghanistan.
MOUS & Agreements
- India and Qatar signed 4 agreements.
- These agreements were signed in the fields of cyber security, visa relaxation and investments in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting Prime Minister of Qatar Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani in New Delhi.
Awards & Honors
- Kehkashan Basu, a 16-year-old Indian girl based in the UAE has won this year’s International Children’s Peace Prize.
- She won this award for her fight for climate justice and combating environmental degradation.
- She was presented the award by Nobel peace laureate Muhammad Yunus at The Hague.
- At the age of 12, Kehkashan founded her organisation Green Hope, which now has operations in over 10 countries.
- Kolkata, along with 10 other cities from across the globe, has been honoured with the ‘Best Cities of 2016 Award‘ in recognition of its programme on solid waste management.
- Important Note : Kolkata is the only Indian city to win the honour and received the award during the C40 Mayors Summit in Mexico.
- Other cities which won the award include Sydney and Paris.
Banking & Economic Affairs
- Dhasai village in Maharashtra has become India’s first cashless village starting December 1.
- This comes in the light of PM Narendra Modi’s demonetisation move.
- Point of Sale (PoS) machines were provided to around 100 traders by an NGO in collaboration with Bank of Baroda and villagers were informed about various features of the machines.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports Updates as on 3rd December 2016 are under:
- Basketball player LeBron James has been chosen as Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, becoming the second athlete to win the award twice.
- James had led his team Cleveland Cavaliers to the 2016 NBA title and was named NBA Finals Most Valuable Player (MVP).
- Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt won the International Association of Athletics Federations’ award for male athlete of the year for a record sixth time today.
- He last won the award in 2013, while his first win came in 2008.
- Note : Bolt, who is undefeated this season in all distances, completed his ‘triple-triple’ of 100-metres, 200-metres and 4×100-metres Olympic golds in August.
- Less than a week after winning the world championship at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg today announced his retirement from Formula One with immediate effect.
Question of the Day
- Why is Pluto no more a planet?
- Pluto is not a planet anymore as it could not qualify the criteria of having cleared everything else out of its orbital path. It is only 0.07 times the mass of everything else in its orbit. Pluto was removed as a planet at the 26th general assembly of the International Astronomical Union in 2006, where astronomers also decided the criteria.