Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 3rd April 2017.
- Germany has become the 1st NATO member to launch a “self-contained” cyber command unit designed to shield IT and weapons systems from growing attacks.
- The Cyber and Information Space (CIR) command, which was launched today, boasts a status equal to that of the army, navy, and air force.
- Note : It will have 13,500 military and civilian personnel by July.
- The UK passport could turn Dark Blue again after Brexit under a nearly ₹4,000 crore redesigning contract.
- Eurosceptics hope the passport, redesigned every five years, will ditch EU’s burgundy cover.
- Passport Colors of Some Major Countries :
- Red – Members of European Union (EU), Turkey, China, Serbia, Russia, Poland and Colombia
- Blue – India, America, Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay, 15 Caribbean countries of the CARICOM (Caribbean Community and Common Market)
- Green – Islamic countries including Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Morocco, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso and Senegal
- Black – Zambia, Congo, Chad, Malawi, New Zealand
National Current Affairs
The National Current Affairs as on 3rd April 2017 are as follows:
- The Indian Institute of Science Bangalore has been declared as India’s best university in ‘India Rankings 2017’ released by HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University and Banaras Hindu University came second and third respectively.
- Further, Miranda House was declared as India’s best college, followed by Chennai’s Loyola College and Shri Ram College of Commerce.
- The Election Commission is set to buy next generation EVMs that become “inoperable” the moment attempts are made to tamper with them.
- The ‘M3′-type EVMs are also equipped with a self-diagnostic system for authenticating the genuineness of the machines.
- Education, Healthcare, and Pilgrimages will continue to be out of the service tax net under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime, Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia announced today.
- The Centre will also pitch for keeping concessional rate for services like transport at the current level, he added.
- The rollout of the GST is being targeted from July 1.
Awards & Honors
List of some important Award winners and honours as on 3rd April 2017:
- Actor Shah Rukh Khan will be honoured with a tribute at the 60th San Francisco Film Festival, which will be held from 5th to 19th April 2017.
- LV Revanth from Andhra Pradesh was named the winner of Indian Idol 9.
- Former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar handed over the trophy to Revanth, who also won a car, ₹25 lakh prize money and a singing contract with a music label.
Science & Technology
- Russian scientists are developing the first-ever civilian nuclear-powered submarine to conduct seismological surveys and search for natural resources under ice in the Arctic region, Russian Foundation for Advanced Research Projects announced today.
- The project is currently in its early design stage.
- Note : Arctic is considered a major source of hydrocarbons, minerals, fresh water and fish.
People in News
- K Prithika Yashini (26), scripted history today when she took charge as sub-inspector in Dharmapuri district in Tamil Nadu.
- Important Note : Yashini is the first transsexual to enter into uniform service in India.
Business & Economic Affairs
- A new Japanese law that defines cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin, Ripple, Litecoin and others, as a legal payment method has come into force in Japan.
- According to the new law, all virtual currency exchanges are to be regulated by the Japanese Financial Services Agency.
- They must also be registered with the financial watchdog and must verify identities of customers opening accounts.
- Delhi’s Connaught Place is the world’s 9th most expensive office location with annual rentals at ₹6,877 per sq ft, according to American property consultant CBRE.
- Mumbai’s Bandra Kurla Complex is at 19th position while Nariman Point’s Central Business District is at 30th place.
- Hong Kong is the world‘s most expensive office market with annual rentals at ₹17,197 per sq ft.
- The Union Tourism Ministry today sanctioned nearly ₹100 crore for a Heritage Circuit in Assam under the Swadesh Darshan scheme.
- MoS for Tourism Mahesh Sharma announced the decision following a meeting with Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
- Note : Kamalabari ghats and log huts will be constructed and Tezpur, Majuli and Sivasagar will be developed under the project.
- Tax evasion of over ₹5 crore under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime would be non-bailable offence with the police having authority to make an arrest without a warrant.
- The earlier threshold for treating tax evasion as a non-bailable offence was proposed to be at ₹2.5 crore.
- The government is aiming for GST rollout from July 1.
- The basic pay of RBI Governor has been retrospectively hiked to ₹2.5 lakh from ₹90,000 per month, with effect from January 1, 2016.
- RBI Governor Urjit Patel, who assumed office in September 2016, will now receive around ₹3.7 lakh in total per month.
- Note : The basic pay of RBI Deputy Governors was also increased from ₹80,000 to ₹2.25 lakh per month.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports Updates as on 3rd April 2017 are as follows:
- Rio Olympics silver medallist PV Sindhu defeated the Rio gold medal winner and Spanish shuttler Carolina Marin in straight sets to clinch her maiden India Open title today.
- Switzerland’s Roger Federer defeated Spanish rival Rafael Nadal in straight sets to clinch his third Miami Open title and his first since 2006 today.
- This was Federer’s third straight win over Nadal this season, following his wins over the Spaniard in the finals of Australian Open and Indian Wells Masters.