Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
National Current Affairs
The National Current Affairs as on 30th March 2017 are as follows:
- Rajasthan Diwas is being celebrated today.
- This day marks the 68th anniversary of the unification of the erstwhile princely states in the region of Rajputana into the State of Rajasthan.
- The state came into being on this day (30th March) in 1949 after unification of 22 princely states.
- Important Points to Note :
- Capital : Jaipur
- Total Districts : 33
- Governor – Kalyan Singh
- Chief Minister – Vasundhara Raje
- The Kanha Tiger Reserve (Madhya Pradesh) has become the first tiger reserve in India to officially introduce a mascot, which has been named “Bhoorsingh the Barasingha”.
- The Barasingha or swamp deer is the state animal of Madhya Pradesh. Bhoorsingh was chosen among four variations by the Madhya Pradesh forest department.
- MPs played football in Parliament today as part of Sports Minister Vijay Goel’s exercise to promote the U-17 FIFA World Cup, which is being held in India in October.
- Goel distributed footballs to all MPs, asking them to promote the game at village, block and district levels.
- Former India captain Bhaichung Bhutia also participated in the activity.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has signed the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016, making it a law that allows women employees to get paid maternity leave of 26 weeks, up from 12 weeks.
- The new law also makes it mandatory for every establishment with fifty or more employees to have the facility of creche within a prescribed distance.
All New Appointments list as on 30th March 2017 are follows:
- Sima Kamil became the first woman in Pakistan to head a major commercial bank after she was appointed as the new president and chief executive officer (CEO) of United Bank Limited (UBL).
- Prior to this appointment, she was deputy CEO of UBL.
- UBL is Pakistan’s third-largest lender, headquartered in the financial hub Karachi.
Business & Economic Affairs
- The Parliament today passed the Finance Bill, 2017 completing the budgetary exercise for 2017-18.
- The Lok Sabha passed the bill in its original form after rejecting the five amendments that were moved in the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday.
- Note : The bill makes Aadhaar cards mandatory for filing Income Tax returns and for getting PAN.
- Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos has become the world’s second-richest person with a net worth of $75.6 billion.
- Bezos added $1.5 billion to his fortune today after Amazon’s share rose as it confirmed acquisition of Dubai-based online retailer Souq.
- Bezos has leaped past Zara Founder Amancio Ortega and Berkshire Hathaway’s owner Warren Buffett to become the world’s second richest.
- A crisp Income Tax Return form for salaried individuals will be introduced from April 1, doing away with some columns to simplify the procedure.
- Individuals with salary and interest income will have to fill fewer columns as some of these for claiming income deductions have been clubbed in ITR-1 form ‘Sahaj‘.
- This aims to encourage more people to file returns.
- Truecaller partners with ICICI Bank to launch its new Unified Payments Interface (UPI)-based mobile payment service “Truecaller Pay”.
- It will allow users of the app to instantly create a unique UPI Virtual Payment Address (VPA), send money to any UPI id or a mobile number registered with the BHIM app.
- It can be used to transfer money, recharge phone, pay postpaid phone bills etc.
- The non-ICICI bank users can use it by registering on to Truecaller Pay app.
Science & Technology
- After 29 years of service, the Indian Navy today gave a ceremonial farewell to its TU-142M aircraft at the INS Rajali in Tamil Nadu.
- The Maritime Reconnaissance and Airborne Anti-Submarine Warfare aircraft had participated in various missions including Operation Cactus in the Maldives and Operation Vijay in 1998.
- The squadron would be replaced with Boeing P-8I aircraft.
- NASA has launched a new resource to help the public search and download images, videos and audio files from a collection of over 1,40,000 files from across the agency’s missions in aeronautics, astrophysics, Earth science, human spaceflight, and more.
- The NASA Image and Video Library website consolidates imagery spread across more than 60 collections into a single searchable location.
- The Indian Navy has unveiled the Integrated Automatic Aviation Meteorological System (IAAMS) at Rajali Air Station in Tamil Nadu.
- The aim of IAAMS is to modernise the meteorological infrastructure of the nine Naval Air Stations (NAS).
- It is expected to bring accuracy in weather monitoring mechanism in the Indian Navy.
Awards & Honors
- The Govardhan Eco Village of International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) at Wada taluka in Maharashtra has received an award in the “Best Water NGO-Water Education” category instituted by Water Digest.
- The Water Digest Water Awards are given annually to organisations, industry members and NGOs to honour and appreciate their outstanding and exceptional environmental initiatives and achievements.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports updates as on 30th March 2017 are as follows:
- Tamil Nadu have become the first state to win all BCCI senior trophies after winning the Deodhar Trophy yesterday.
- The state, which won the Ranji Trophy in 1987-88, also won the b this year, making them five-time winners in the tournament.
- Tamil Nadu won the Irani Cup in 1988-89 and the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in 2007-08.
- Srinath Narayanan from Chennai has become India’s 46th chess Grandmaster after defeating Spanish Grandmaster David Anton Guijarro at the Sharjah Masters today.
- The local airport in Cristiano Ronaldo‘s native Madeira Islands in Portugal was named after the 32-year-old Real Madrid forward today.