Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 26th March 2017.
- Today (26th March) is the Independence Day of Bangladesh.
- This day commemorates the country’s declaration of independence from Pakistan in the year 1971.
- Important Points to Know about Bangladesh
- Capital – Dhaka
- Currency – Taka
- National language – Bengali
- President – Abdul Hamid
- Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
- Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha
- Egypt’s former President Hosni Mubarak has been released from detention in a military hospital, six years after he was overthrown.
- The British Parliament has passed a resolution condemning Pakistan’s move to declare Gilgit-Baltistan in PoK as its fifth province.
- “Gilgit-Baltistan is a legal and constitutional part of the state of Jammu and Kashmir, India, which is illegally occupied by Pakistan since 1947,” the motion said.
- The motion also called the construction of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) as “illegal”.
National Current Affairs
Most important National Current Affairs of 26th March 2017 are provided below:
- Union Government is going to launch Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana (RVY) scheme for providing physical aids and assisted-living devices for senior citizens belonging to BPL category.
- It is the first-of-its-kind Central Sector Scheme (CCS) in India, to be fully funded by the Central Government.
- It is expected to benefit 5,20,000 Senior Citizens.
- In order to check the cases of fraudulent driving licences, the Centre is planning to ask states to make Aadhaar identification mandatory for new licences and renewal of old licences.
- The new rule is likely to be implemented from October.
- The move comes after the government recently proposed making Aadhaar mandatory for filing Income Tax returns and PAN applications.
- Ayodhya, Mathura, Varanasi and Gorakhpur, four holy cities for Hindus, will get 24-hour power supply, Uttar Pradesh Power Minister Shrikant Sharma announced today.
- Sharma added that his department was committed to providing 24-hour power supply to UP by 2019.
- Chief Justice JS Khehar has today announced that the Supreme Court will go paperless in six to seven months in a bid to save funds and make the judiciary eco-friendly.
- He further said the apex court will collect all the records electronically from the lower courts and the high courts so that there is no need to file hard copies.
- All existing subscribers of mobile services will have to go for Aadhaar-based re-verification soon, with the government instructing telecom operators to initiate the process.
- Cellular operators’ body COAI (Cellular Operators Association of India) said its members may meet this week to discuss the modalities of rolling out the verification process for the existing one billion-plus mobile phone users.
- Government has notified that Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI), a statutory advisory body under the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEF) will now be permanently chaired by a senior MoEF official.
- Recently, new Board of 18 members, chaired by Sharad Singh Negi, Special Secretary and Director-General (Forests), MoEF came into effect for three years term.
Business & Economic Affairs
- Arun Jaitley’s Finance Bill, 2017 has been passed in Lok Sabha today.
- The Finance Bill 2017 comes with a number of amendments, including imposing a limit of ₹2 lakh on cash transactions.
- The Bill also makes Aadhaar mandatory for filing Income Tax returns and for getting a PAN.
- Further, the Bill enables Income Tax officers to raid homes without providing any reason.
- Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has announced the allotment of ₹169 crore for the IT sector, including ₹15 crore for startups.
- The Goa government will also set up a startup promotion board with the aim of creating 4,000 jobs a year.
- Parrikar also allocated ₹50 lakh to encourage incubation centres and entrepreneur development centres in the state.
Science & Technology
- The Indian Navy successfully conducted the trial firing of the newly installed surface-to-air Barak missile system from onboard its aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya.
- As a part of the ‘Operational Readiness Inspection‘ of the Western Fleet, the missile was fired against a live low-flying high-speed target, which was successfully engaged and destroyed, officials said.
People in News
- Tanushree Pareek has became the first woman field officer in the 51-year history of the BSF (Border Security Force).
- A resident of Bikaner, Pareek is the first woman to join the force in the officer rank after she was selected in the all-India exam conducted by the UPSC in 2014.
- She also led the passing out parade of 67 trainee officers.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports updates as on 26th March 2017 are as follows:
- India won 73 medals, including 37 gold, at the 2017 Special Olympics World Winter Games, held in Austria from March 14-25.
- The Indian contingent, known as the Special Olympics Bharat, also won 10 silver and 26 bronze medals in disciplines including alpine skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, among others.
- Note : The event featured over 2,600 intellectually disabled athletes from 105 countries.
- Kashmiris in UAE organised an IPL-like T20 league called the Kashmir Super League, the second edition of which concluded recently.
- The league started in January with 14 teams consisting of 200 Kashmiri players, and was inaugurated by Indian cricketer Parvez Rasool.
- The teams were named after different regions in Kashmir and reportedly attracted sponsorship worth 10,000 dirhams (₹1.8 lakh).
- Ferrari’s Formula One driver Sebastian Vettel began the Formula One season with a win at the Australian Grand Prix today.
- Bangladeshi batsman Tamim Iqbal became the first cricketer from his country to score 10,000 runs in international cricket after going past the landmark in his 127-run innings in the first ODI against Sri Lanka today.