Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
Current Affairs as on 25th February 2017
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 25th February 2017.
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo has arrived in Sydney on his first visit to Australia as his nation’s leader.
- Improving trade and investment will be a key focus of Jokowi’s two-day state visit with plans to finalize a bilateral free trade agreement this year.
- Germany‘s Environment Ministry has banned meat and fish products at official functions, calling it a “matter of credibility” and citing a need to “to practise what we preach”.
- US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order to curb regulations and help businesses.
- The measure directs federal agencies to create “regulatory reform” task forces which will evaluate federal rules and recommend whether to keep, repeal or change them.
- Arizona Senate has approved a bill that expands police power to arrest anyone involved in a protest that is likely to turn bad.
- The measure would allow prosecutors to seize a person’s assets while imposing additional criminal charges.
- Under the law, participating in or helping organise a demonstration that turns into a riot will be seen as an offence.
National Current Affairs
Most important National Current Affairs of 25th February 2017 are provided below:
- Sikkim became 22nd state in the country to join Union Government’s Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY).
- A hill station cycle path, believed to be the first in India, recently opened in Darjeeling.
- The 20-kilometre mountain biking path runs through the Senchal Wildlife Sanctuary to reach Chatakpur, a small eco-village resort.
- PM Narendra Modi yesterday unveiled a 112-foot tall Lord Shiva statue in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, on the occasion of Mahashivratri.
- The statue, dedicated to Shiva’s Adiyogi form, has been funded by Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev’s Isha Foundation.
- Centre permits Tamil Nadu to increase the number of workdays under MGNREGA scheme from 100 to 150 days.
- In Tamil Nadu, the rural job scheme is being implemented in 12,524 villages.
- This financial year, 33.43 man-days of employment have been generated so far under the scheme and Rs 4655 crore has been disbursed.
- Due to the enhancement of the work days, three crore more man-days are to be generated.
- Indian Railways has unveiled Antyodaya Express, a new train for the unreserved passengers.
- The first Antyodaya Express is slated to start between Mumbai (Maharashtra) and Tatanagar (Jharkhand) and second between Ernakulam and Howrah.
Business & Economic Affairs
- The Delhi government today approved around 37% hike in the minimum wages for unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled persons.
- As per the decision, the minimum wage for unskilled labour will be ₹13,350 per month, and for semi-skilled and skilled persons will be ₹14,698 and ₹16,182 respectively. Notably, this is the second time the government has approved such an increase.
- The Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) has launched a mobile application for Goods and Services Tax (GST) to inform the taxpayers of the latest updates on GST.
- The app has been launched inline Union Government’s flagship Digital India initiative.
- It enables taxpayers to be well informed of the latest updates on GST.
- The Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) in Goods of World Trade Organisation (WTO) came into effect with its ratification by two-thirds members of WTO including India.
- The TFA in Goods was adopted by the WTO Members in 2014.
- It aims to streamline, simplify, standardise and ease customs procedures and norms. It will help to cut trade costs around the world.
Science & Technology
- US-based scientists have developed a method that uses ultraviolet light and rhodium nano particles to convert carbon dioxide into methane, a key ingredient for fuel.
- Scientists first passed carbon dioxide and hydrogen through the particles heated to 300ºC, yielding equal parts of methane and a poisonous gas.
- They then used ultraviolet light to heat the particles, resulting in mostly methane output.
The New Appointments as on 25th February 2017 list is under:
- Former Nagaland Chief Minister TR Zeliang was today appointed as Finance Advisor to the state government by Governor PB Acharya.
- He resigned from the CM post on February 19 amid protests in the state against reservation for women in the local body elections.
MOUs & Agreements
- The Indian government has cleared a ₹17,000-crore deal with Israel to jointly develop a Medium-Range Surface-to-Air Missile (MR-SAM) for the Army.
- The MR-SAM, a land-based version of the long-range surface-to-air missile (LR-SAM) for the navy, will have a strike range of up to 70 km.
- The deal envisages 40 firing units and around 200 missiles.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports Updates on 25th February 2017 details are provided below:
- South Africa’s AB de Villiers scored his 9,000th ODI run in his 205th innings, breaking an all-time record of least matches played to reach the milestone.
- He broke former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly’s record of 228 innings, set in 2004.