GATE [Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering] Exam 2018 is an online examination for admissions to PG programmes (M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistance provided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development and other government agencies. The level of competition is increasing every year. Therefore a proper study plan and strategy is very much required.
Here are few tips on how to crack the GATE 2018 examination and get a great score:
- Know all about GATE Exam 2018: Preparation time for GATE depends on factors such as individual’s aptitude, fundamentals, concentration level, etc. Rigorous preparation for four to six months is considered good. Duration of the GATE exam 2018 is three hours. It consists of 65 questions of total 100 marks.
- Understand the Syllabus & Weightage of each subject in GATE 2018: Candidate should refer the syllabus and analyze the exam pattern using previous year’s papers. As all the subjects don’t have equal marks, few subjects require more efforts than others.
- Read standard books and Study Materials for GATE 2018: GATE papers are prepared by highly experienced professors from IISc, IIT, NITs, who also write national and international level books. So always try to read standard books. Many articles, PDF and materials are available online; you can select the best package and pursue the preparation.
- Systematically plan to complete the GATE syllabus: Make a list of topics which needs to be studied, based on the number of questions which have appeared from the topic in the previous GATE examinations. Identify topics which have fetched more marks and give more importance to them. Understand the concept and practice questions based upon it. Most of the questions in GATE exam 2018 are conceptual & numerical, so you must try to improve your solving ability & time management to score a good rank.
- Read articles by previously selected candidates: Try to read the articles and notes written by previous GATE selected candidates as their experience surely helps in easy preparation. One can also minimize the number of silly mistakes by going through their articles.
- Gate exam 2018 Revision Plan: Through studying any topic, keep making small notes to be used while revision before GATE 2018 exam. One should spare a month for revision. A good revision plan helps in recalling the concepts during the GATE exam.
- Mock Tests and Practice Tests at the last stage: Go through previous year’s GATE papers, to get an idea about the types of frequently asked questions. Both online and offline mock tests should be attempted by the students. Practicing these tests helps in analyzing your mistakes and also increases the speed to take the assessment.
- Last minute strategy for GATE Exam 2018: It is easy for students to score in engineering, mathematics and general ability as compared to other technical topics. Do not start a new topic in the last stage of preparation.
- Evaluate yourself before the GATE exam: Make sure at least a month is kept for exhaustive, thorough revision. Analyze the weaker points and work on that. Pay equal attention to both theory and numerical. Learn and use tricks and shortcuts for solving GATE questions rather than adopting a lengthy approach.
Last but not the least, GATE preparation needs determination. All you need to do is be determined and diligently observe the tricks throughout the preparation period and work towards the goal. All the Best!
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application form||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.