Get details of Agriculture Engineering Syllabus GATE 2018 Exam. Agriculture Engineering is the prominent engineering field for all those candidates who have a keen interest in agriculture. There are several students who focus really hard on their degree course so that they can clear GATE paper ahead. GATE exam is valued paper for which the competition level is high enough and so the candidates need to take care of how they prepare for the exam.
Also, Check :
GATE 2018 – Agriculture Engineering Syllabus
Agriculture Syllabus will include 3 topics- Engineering Mathematics, Domain knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude.
GATE – 2018 Paper Pattern for Agricultural Engineering
|Paper Sections||Marks Distribution|
|Subject Questions||70% of the total marks.|
|Engineering Mathemetics||15% of the total marks.|
|General Aptitude||15% of the total marks.|
Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Calculus, Numerical Methods, Vector Calculus
Linear Algebra: Matrices and Determinants, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and eigenvectors.
Calculus:Limit, continuity and differentiability; partial derivatives; maxima and minima; sequences and series; tests for convergence; Fourier series, Taylor series.
Vector Calculus: Gradient; divergence and curl; line; surface and volume integrals; Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
Differential Equations: Linear and non-linear first order Ordinary Differential Equations (ODE); Higher order linear ODEs with constant coefficients; Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations; Laplace transforms; Partial Differential Equations – Laplace, heat and wave equations
Probability and Statistics: Mean, median, mode and standard deviation; random variables; Poisson, normal and binomial distributions; correlation and regression analysis; tests of significance, analysis of variance (ANOVA).
- Solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equations;
- numerical integration – trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule;
- numerical solutions of the ODE.
- Farm machinery & Power: Sources of power, selection of machine elements, soil tillage, mechanics of animal traction, functional requirements, sowing, planting, fertilizer, calculation of performance parameters, Thermodynamic principles of I.C. Engines, Tractors and power tillers,
- Soil and Water Conservation Engineering: Hydrological cycle, soil erosion, ideal fluids, Darcy Weisbach & Hazen Williams Equations, Moody’s diagram, Measurement of distance and area, chain surveying, drainage coefficient, classification of pumps
- Agricultural Processing and Food Engineering: Mechanics and energy requirement, Hydrothermal treatment, atmosphere storage, food storage, controlled and modified atmosphere storage, bins & grain silos
Quantitative Aptitude: This will include the questions from numerical section i.e. Number system, probability, permutation & combination, LCM & HCF, time & work, time & distance, problems on trains, mixtures & allegations, boats & streams.
Some questions are asked from verbal ability section which includes English grammar, odd man series, missing patterns, sentence completion, word groups, coding & decoding, statements & conclusions etc.
Practice more and more questions for the exam so that you have a nice hand in solving the questions. Better is the practice of knowledge, it is better to solve quickly. This way you can gain more score on the exam. Download the detailed syllabus from below for Agriculture field and study all topics well.
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application form||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.