IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection and PO stands for Probationary Officers. IBPS PO Exam conducts by IBPS every year to recruit Probationary Officers in various Banks. The IBPS PO prelims Exam is conducted in the month of October and IBPS PO Mains Exam is conducted the month November Also, the scorecards of IBPS PO Prelims Exam are out now! So, you can now check your result on the IBPS Official website.
Now, Coming back to the IBPS PO Mains Exam which is around the corner. IBPS PO Mains Exam is scheduled on 26th November 2017. Many of you are doing their revisions, to crack this exam. The target in prelims exam is to clear the cut-offs, whereas for IBPS PO Mains Exam you need to score well because these marks are taken into consideration for the final merit list. So, at this point in time, students need to keep some important things in their mind. In this article, we are providing you some tips and tricks for IBPS PO Mains Exam.
How to Prepare for IBPS PO Mains Exam 2017
1. Aware of the Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- You must go through the exam pattern deeply to know the cut-off, time limit, number of questions each section wise.
- Also, you have to attempt 155 Questions of 200 marks in the duration of 3 hours.
- In addition, the penalty for the wrong answer is 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question.
- The section wise structure of the paper is given below.
|Section||No. of Questions
|English Language||35||40||40 min|
2. Tips & Tricks for Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
In IBPS PO mains exam, for Reasoning section, you have to prepare those topics first, which can get you more marks in less time. So for that, we are providing you some tips and tricks below.
- Coding & Decoding – Probably, there are 3 to 5 questions in IBPS PO Mains Exam on this topic i.e coding an decoding
- Verbal & Critical Reasoning – There are chances that 9-10 Questions on Verbal & Critical Reasoning topic. In this section questions will be based on Analytical decision making, Cause, and effect, statement, and assumption, statement, and inference, the course of action, statement and arguments, critical reasoning.
- Directions & Distances – Almost, 3 to 5 questions you can expect on this topic. So, prepare well as this topic can increase your chances of 100% accuracy.
- Mystify Questions – These questions are based on Circular (2-5 Questions), Linear Arrangement (5-8 Questions), Grouping and Scheduling (4-5 Questions), Ordering and Ranking (2-3 Questions). Also, this topic in IBPS PO Mains is very much time-consuming. So, you need to prepare well for this so that you can score well.
3. Tips & Tricks for the English Language
- Reading Comprehension – You must have developed the habit of focusing on the keyword while writing this section. It will help you in tracking the answers to various questions. Also, you have to make sure that you are able to attempt the 2 sets of this topic (each is having 8-10 Questions) within 20 minutes. It will require your more concentration because most questions in IBPS PO Mains Exam will be inference based!
- Cloze Test – You can expect 5-10 Questions who are easy to solve if you are well prepared. These questions are usually based on contextual usage. Also, there are chances that 5 -10 Questions can come on this topic.
- Error Spotting and Phrase Replacement – There must be 7 to 10 Questions on this topic based on Tenses, Articles, Parallelism, Prepositions, Subject-Verb Agreement, Degrees of Comparison, Sentence Construction, Phrasal Verbs, Pronouns, Adverbs, Non-Finite Verbs, Common Errors etc.
- Fill in the Blanks/Sentence Completion – You can easily expect that 5 to 7 Questions will be asked on this topic. If you have good command over English grammar. You can solve them easily.
- Para Jumbles/Sentence Jumble/Odd Sentence Out – 5 to 7 Questions will be asked on this topic. Also, no doubt these are time-consuming questions, only if you practice these questions you will be able to solve them quickly.
3. Tips & Tricks for the General Awareness
First of all, there is only 2 case in this section, either you know the answer or you don’t. Most of the General Awareness questions will be based on the current affairs, General knowledge, and Banking related Questions.
- Current Affairs – Probably, 7 to 10 Questions on this topic will be asked in IBPS PO Mains exam. It will be based on knowledge of surroundings and everyday events, news.
- General Knowledge – You can expect 5-10 Questions on GK which will be based on anything like Science, History, Bank headquarters and GST mainly.
- Banking Awareness – You will be asked 13 to 15 Questions on this topic. It will be based on the economic survey, budget, railway budget, etc. Roles and functions of organizations like RBI, NABARD, etc.; International Trade, Currencies of various countries. New Policies and Facts, Exchange Rate, GDP growth, etc. of various countries; Banking related facts are important
So, just follow these tips and Tricks for IBPS PO Mains exam, you will definitely be able to crack this exam. Therefore, study hard and just kept these small things in your mind. So, wishing you all the best, hope we will get lots of toppers of IBPS PO Mains Exam. Also, those who are not giving the exams and are preparing in the row to become IBPS Bank PO, IBPS clerk, you need to choose your right platform to become a Bank PO because most of all know the competition level in government exams, especially in the Banking sector.
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering online coaching for all Banking exams, also with India’s finest professors.So as a result, now people from all over India can learn from the best faculty, and crack their Banking exams.
Click Here To Watch Demo Lectures